THE CONTAINER PACKING LIST FORM OF SHIPPING LINES IN VIETNAM
Today, Sea Dragon International Logistics give the container packing list form of shipping lines and how to fill information in this:
WHAT IS CONTAINER PACKING LIST FORM ?
- The Container Packing List Form used to lower the full container at the depot, is understood as a certificate issued by the shipping line to give the shipper to fill in the cargo information.
- The information filled in by the shipper on the Container Packing List is information related to destinations and the cargos, such as specifications, characteristics (fragile or perishable), type of goods, general or dangerous, to submit to the port. Submitting all this information to the port ensures that your cargos arrive at the correct destination and are undamaged.
- The shipping company will issue the Container Packing List form together with the booking, or customers can download this form on the carrier's system by themselves.
- The Container Packing List is different from the Packing List of the shipper. Packing List is the document going with the Invoice and is sent to the overseas recipient (consignee) by the shipper. Therefore, these two documents are different.
SOME NOTES ABOUT CONTAINER PACKING LIST FORM
- When the full container enters the port, the driver is the one who submits the Container Packing List Form to the port. If your driver doesn't have or submit the Container Packing List Form for the port, they won't allow lowering the container.
- The shipper has to complete customs procedures and bring the container to the depot before the closing time indicated on the empty release order.
- When lowering the container, if the shipper receives information from the port or the driver about the damage of the container/seal, the shipper must check the goods to make sure they aren't damaged.
THE WAY TO FILL IN THE INFORMATION ON THE CONTAINER PACKING LIST FORM
- Name of the shipper: is the information of the exporter, who names on the export contract and names in the shipper's name on the set of documents (Bill of lading, C/O).
- Vessel's Name and Voyage Number: you get this information on the booking, or if there is a change in the vessel's name, you should fill in the name according to the shipping company's changing announcement. You need to fill in the vessel information correctly because the port base on this information to load the container on the correct vessel and depart on the exact schedule.
- Container Number: You will find this information on the outside of the container door. Or you open the container and look at the right side of the container to get the container number.
- Seal number: you will fill in the seal number issued by the shipping lines. If your shipment has many containers and seals, you must ensure that seal you use for which container must go with that container. You don't arbitrarily transfer the seal number of this container to another on the Container Packing List.
- Type of container: You get the information when taking empty release orders for this item. Containers include the following types: a general-purpose container (dry container), reefer container, tank, open-top, flat rack, etc.
- Booking Number: Booking is a document issued by the shipping lines for the shipper to confirm that the shipping company has accepted to transfer the shipment. Each booking will have a particular number, and you will write this number in the Container Packing List Form
- Port of destination: is the place where the goods will be delivered. This place is also agreed in the foreign trade contract. You will get this information on booking.
- Port of transshipment: is the place where the container will be transferred to another vessel. Then the new vessel will take the goods to the final destination port. You will get this information on booking.
- Name of goods, the volume of goods, specific weight, number of packages: you fill in according to the actual shipment information. In addition, you need to pay attention to special items such as temperature (if goods need to be kept cold), label name (dangerous goods need to be labeled), etc.
Above are all Container Packing List forms of ANL, APL, CMA, COSCO, EMIRATES, EVERGREEN, GEMADEPT, HAPAG LLOYD, HAZEL WRIGHTS, HEUNG-A, HYUNDAI, INTERASIA, KMTC, MAERSK, MSC, NAMSUNG, ONE, OOCL, PIL, RCL, SAMUDERA, SEALAND, SINOKOR, SITC, TS LINE, WAN HAI, YANGMING, ZIM.
You can download them for reference.
Source: Sea Dragon International Logistics Company